1. Recite in the name of your Lord who created –
2. Created man from a clinging substance.
3. Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous –
4. Who taught by the pen –
5. Taught man that which he knew not.
6. No! [But] indeed, man transgresses
7. Because he sees himself self-sufficient.
8. Indeed, to your Lord is the return.
9. Have you seen the one who forbids
10. A servant when he prays?
11. Have you seen if he is upon guidance
12. Or enjoins righteousness?
13. Have you seen if he denies and turns away –
14. Does he not know that Allah sees?
15. No! If he does not desist, We will surely drag him by the forelock –
16. A lying, sinning forelock.
17. Then let him call his associates;
18. We will call the angels of Hell.
19. No! Do not obey him. But prostrate and draw near [to Allah].